Board Members (left to right--Del Turner, Chairman Gary Leonard, Vice-Chair Jane Allen Wilson, David Hamm, & Melissa Hlavac)
Chatham County Schools Mission, Vision, Core Beliefs, and Motto
The mission of Chatham County Schools is to graduate globally competitive, well-rounded students by providing a rigorous and relevant curriculum in an effective, safe, and nurturing learning environment.
Chatham County Schools, through leadership, innovation, and collaboration, will provide real-world learning opportunities that prepare all students for life and success after graduation. Our diverse community will be invested, involved, and invited to create a strong culture of learning resulting in Chatham County Schools becoming a leader in education.
- Our democratic process depends on a strong system of public education.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- Education is a responsibility shared by all.
- Everyone deserves a safe and nurturing school environment.
- Everyone is unique and has value.
- Everyone should aspire toward success.
- Everyone should be proficient and ethical in the use of technology.
- Everyone can learn.
"Collectively Creating Success"
Board Member E-mail